Lady Dîs, sister of Thorin and mother of Fili and Kili.
I like the idea of her fighting with axes. In my headcanon she was trained by Dwalin and is one of the few people who can best him in a sparring match. She doesn’t take crap from anyone, and puts fear in the hearts of all who oppose her. People know better than to mess with the Durin princess of Ered Luin.
Zoe Saldana in Balmain Pre-Fall 2013 at the Berlin ST:ID Photo Call giving me some intense Romulan Commander vibes from The Original Series. [x]
fem kili and fem fili agaainn
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
Evangeline Lilly, Desolation of Smaug world premiere press conference
Whether you like Tauriel or not, I think Evangeline makes a great point about adapting Tolkien’s works to our age and how vital it is to incorporate a feminine perspective in fantasy worlds when previously that was not emphasized at all. Even still female representation in fantasy is lacking, and I think it’s great that Evangeline clearly observes the need for characters like Tauriel to round out these narratives and demonstrate that women do have a place in the fantasy genre.
gets complimented on khuzdul use in biography
"i’d like to thank all the gay fic i’ve read"
aW MOTHERFUCK I JUST REALIZED MY TEST GOT MOVED TO THURSDAY NOT TUESDAY LIKE I THOUGHT FUCKING FUCK