omg you’re not bothering me at all! i’m surprised anyone would actually ask for my opinion about well anything, really.
(you’re probably gonna be really disappointed in this i’m sorry baby)
[I JUST WROTE AN ALMOST 3K WORD ESSAY ON MITCHELL]
(includes lots of pictures, some gifs, and a few quotes)
mitchell is so special to me. i can spend hours (edit: i literally just did) studying and breaking him apart. he’s a bad character, and a lot of people miss that because of the whole “mitchell is pretty he can do no wrong” thing which even i suffered from. but if you excuse everything he’s done, and just focus on his looks then oh boy y OU ARE MISSING ONE HELL OF A CHARACTER IT’S A ROLLER-COASTER
he’s both good and bad; he’s both a hero and a villian—boy, you are something
i love mitchell, i always have, and probably always will. bUT with that said, i will probably always hate him, or be really bitter about him. because plainly: mitchell is a little shit who uses people as a means to an end and who always blames everyone else for his mistakes.
what is mitchell’s means to an end? survival, probably. salvation, happiness—and you know what? it’s what a lot of humans do. strip away everything about humanity, and what’s the end goal? happiness, salvation from themselves, to survive as long as possible. BUT mitchell…abuses it…almost? that and he doesn’t do it right.
mitchell, sadly, suffers from something i like to call the saving complex which means that he seeks salvation from other people (from friends and/or lovers—usually those who have no vampiric influence, they complicate things even more). he both seeks salvation, and offers to give it BUT there’s a catch: you have to save him in order for him to save you—he never really says that directly, though, like “save me and i’ll save you” but it’s implied.
(season one; episode one)
the british expeditionary force - strange aftertaste
it’s time | a fanmix for the almighty johnsons; for exiled gods, near-impossbile quests and asshole brothers, wicked goddesses and the hazards of falling in love with one; and the cruel threads of destiny
1. Of Monsters and Men Your Bones
2. R.E.M. It’s the End of the World As We Know It (I Feel Fine)
3. The Cribs Men’s Needs
4. Matt Corby Brother
5. The Doors Hello, I Love You
6. The National Terrible Love
7. The Subways I Won’t Let You Down
8. Florence and the Machine Spectrum
9. Harper Blynn In Another Life
10. Radical Face We’re On Our Way
11. Imagine Dragons It’s Time
12. The Civil Twilight Letters From the Sky
13. Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross Immigrant Song (feat. Karen O)
14. Madina Lake Never Take Us Alive
15. Great Lake Swimmers Where in the World are You
I was sitting on the computer last night trying to be productive and actually write something. My first sentence included the character listening to a voice through an intercom and my first thought was, “What kind of voice is it?”
So, naturally, I found myself googling the different ways to describe a voice. I present to you my findings! I hope you all find it useful.
- adenoidal (adj): if someone’s voice is adenoidal, some of the sound seems to come through their nose
- appealing (adj): an appealing look/voice shows that you want help, approval, or agreement
- breathy (adj): with loud breathing noises
- brittle (adj): if you speak in a brittle voice, you sound as if you are about to cry
- croaky (adj): if someone’s voice sounds croaky, they speak in a low, rough voice that sounds as if they have a sore throat
- dead (adj): if someone’s eyes or voice are dead, they feel or show no emotion
- disembodied (adj): a disembodied voice comes from someone who you cannot see
- flat (adj): spoken in a voice that does not go up and down; this word is often used for describing the speech of people from a particular region
well mr bond shouldn’t you be better at hiding a boner idk
Feast your morbidly curious eyes on this season-appropriate gallery by National Geographic. From the bones of 4,000 Capuchin monks who have been used in a strange art to decorate rooms, to Pharaoh Ti erecting a statue of himself to guard his own tomb from looters, this gallery creepily demonstrates humankind’s fascination with death.
imagine if every text post you made or reblogged was said in the voice of your icon
[The Doctor’s Reward], since [The Doctor Who Waited] was kinda depressing
cus you know when he comes back to john’s flat he’ll hang his coat like it belongs there already.
…spring is coming, so let’s ditch the angst :)